According to the preliminary Polish Central Statistical Office data, in 2016 value of Polish exports was by 2.3% higher on a yearly basis and amounted to EUR 183,634bn. In the same time imports raised by 0.9% to EUR 178,874bn, so the trade balance shaped at EUR 4,760bn.
Trade turnover between Poland and Norway decreased by 11.5% yoy and amounted to EUR 4,127bn in 2016. Polish exports decreased by 9.2% to EUR 2,235bn, when imports decreased by 14.1% to EUR 1,892bn. As a result, trade balance improved to the level of EUR 0,343bn.
Among main trading groups with the biggest share in total exports:
- Vehicles, Spaceships, Vessels (share of 36.3%) – CN code XVII – exports value drop by 27.7% yoy,
- Base metals products (share of 13.5%) – CN code XV – growth by 0.3%,
- Mechanic and electric equipment, to recording and reception of sound (share of 10.2%) – CN code XVI – drop by 14.2% yoy,
Among main trading groups with the biggest share in total imports:
- Live animals; animal products (share of 47.3%) – CN code I – imports value growth by 31.8% yoy,
- Base metals products (share of 23.4%) – CN code XV – exports value growth by 5.1%,
- Vehicles, Spaceships, Vessels (share of 11.8%) – CN code XVII – drop by 60.8% yoy.