According to the preliminary Polish Central Statistical Office data, in January-May 2016 value of Polish exports was by 1.2% higher on a yearly basis and amounted to EUR 73,572bn. In the same time imports remained unchanged (0.0%) and recorded EUR 70,609bn, so the trade balance shaped at EUR 2,963bn.
Trade turnover between Poland and Norway increased by 0.9% yoy and amounted to EUR 1,637bn in January-May 2016. Polish exports increased by 11.6% to EUR 0,958bn, when imports decreased by 11.0% to EUR 0,679bn. As a result, trade balance improved to the level of EUR 0,279bn.
Among main trading groups with the biggest share in total exports:
- Vehicles, Spaceships, Vessels (share of 37.9%) – CN code XVII – exports value growth by 26.4% yoy,
- Base metals products (share of 13.2%) – CN code XV – drop by 13.9%,
- Mechanic and electric equipment, to recording and reception of sound (share of 9.7%) – CN code XVI – drop by 20.7% yoy.
Among main trading groups with the biggest share in total imports:
- Live animals; animal products (share of 49.6%) – CN code I – imports value growth by 29.1% yoy,
- Base metals products (share of 26.4%) – CN code XV – drop by 0.7% yoy.
- Vehicles, Spaceships, Vessels (share of 6.2%) – CN code XVII – drop by 56.4% yoy.