According to the preliminary Polish Central Statistical Office data, in January-February 2016 value of Polish exports was by 3.0% higher on a yearly basis and amounted to EUR 28,289bn. In the same time imports increased by 2.1% to EUR 26,972bn, so the trade balance shaped at EUR 1,317bn.
Trade turnover between Poland and Norway decreased by 1.2% yoy and amounted to EUR 0,557bn in January-February 2016. Polish exports decreased by 6.5% to EUR 0,307bn, when imports increased by 6.1% to EUR 0,251bn. As a result, trade balance improved to the level of EUR 0,056bn.
Among main trading groups with the biggest share in total exports:
- Vehicles, Spaceships, Vessels (share of 32.8%) – CN code XVII – exports value drop by 8.1% yoy,
- Base metals products (share of 14.0%) – CN code XV – drop by 15.0%,
- Mechanic and electric equipment, to recording and reception of sound (share of 12.1%) – CN code XVI – drop by 19.4% yoy,
Among main trading groups with the biggest share in total imports:
- Live animals; animal products (share of 49.1%) – CN code I – imports value growth by 35.4% yoy,
- Base metals products (share of 28.5%) – CN code XV – growth by 8.0% yoy.
- Chemical products (share of 6.1%) – CN code VI – growth by 1.1% yoy.